Apr 15, 2009

Yo! How's Your Brain? (part 3, April 15, 2009)

The roaring success of this 'How's your brain' series has me thinking about starting a new business, and I have a great 'tag line': "Hello. I'm from the IRS, and I'm here to help!"

[sound effect: a five-poud slab of meat slams to the floor with a resounding thud]

On second thought, maybe I can come up with a better business name than 'Intelligence Restoration Service'. 

OK, onward. I promised and now I must deliver: 

[sound effects: crowd noises suddenly hush to a whisper; drum roll; trumpet fanfare...]

YES. There are ways to GROW NEW BRAIN CELLS, and you shall learn about then here!  

1st Disclaimer: Don't anybody recommend me for a Nobel Prize or anything. I'm just repackaging existing information. Sources will be noted. 

 

2nd Disclaimer: Serializing this 'How's Your Brain' thing has given me a new sense of personal worth--and also a taste of power over the innocent and ususpecting reader who, by the mere suggestion of a chance to cling a while longer to his or her puny intellect, can be lured back, time after time, to my dark and foreboding fortress of universal comprehensionality. mmmuuuuuaaahahaHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!   

Next time, bring your credit card, you worm.

2 comments:

  1. I can see the geometry now of the howzur series and I figure to be an avid reader since by my tangential calculation (I matriculated in quabbalistic numerologics) the 1001th post will catapult me into the virtual (or is it virtuoso?) neurono-nirvana-land-ranch and my check is in the mail! pls reserve 1st class for moi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restoring brain activity is a fantastic thing! I watched a lecture on TV recently with MRI images of an underused brain filled with gray areas of inactivity suddenly become active again. WOW! So because of it I started to learn new jokes and read the book PUMPING IONS. Amazingly, after taking that advice and playing several challenging brain games, I feel like my brain drain has ended, and now I am competent at adding numbers again (especially for IRS tax purposes), but I still have trouble coming up with the names of obscure Pacific Coast plants and rare orchids. But on the positive side, here is an odd result: I just remembered this little used word: stridulation... the activity that causes the wonderful spring sound when crickets rub their legs together. This blog is highly recommended for its upbeat, sound encouragement.

    ReplyDelete